Dentists who offer free brace and retainer fitting and placement

Free retainers (Children & Adolescents)

Dentists who offer free brace and retainer fitting and placement

How can I qualify for a free retainer? For most children, dentists nowadays reliably diagnose mis-alignments of teeth or jaws early on and manage to recommend free retainers in time to quickly coax crooked teeth into their proper positions. To help children and adolescents return to a bright and symmetrical smile, dentists can utilize a...
Read More
All dentists with available appointment times are listed here. Super easy booking with just one click!
Svitlana Pokornik

Dr.Dent.Med.

Insurances: Private Practice

Address:

Rögergasse 32

1090 Vienna

Austria


Show Specialties
  • Private Practice Dentist
  • Dental Radiology
  • Pediatric Dentistry
  • Periodontology
  • Implantology
  • Orthodontics removable (braces)
  • Orthodontics fixed (braces)
  • Prosthodontics
  • Oral Surgery
  • Prevention
  • General Dentistry
Elisabeth Astl

Dr.med.dent

Insurances: Dentist of Choice , Private Practice

Address:

Cottagegasse 80

1190 Vienna

Austria


Show Specialties
  • Private Practice Dentist
  • Dentist of Choice
  • Dental Radiology
  • Orthodontics removable (braces)
  • Orthodontics fixed (braces)
  • Prevention

Elisabeth Astl

Insurances: Dentist of Choice

Address:

Währinger Str. 70/6

1090 Vienna

Austria


Show Specialties
  • Dentist of Choice
  • Orthodontics removable (braces)
  • Orthodontics fixed (braces)

Diana Atassi

Back to top

How can I qualify for a free retainer?

For most children, dentists nowadays reliably diagnose mis-alignments of teeth or jaws early on and manage to recommend free retainers in time to quickly coax crooked teeth into their proper positions. To help children and adolescents return to a bright and symmetrical smile, dentists can utilize a broad spectrum of orthodontic tools and equipment including braces and retainers that are made out of metal, ceramic, or even out of transparent and almost invisible plastic.     

Once a patient decides to get braces, he or she works closely with a dentist on developing a custom-tailored, individual treatment plan, which usually involves the following steps:

Diagnosis and Planning – Creation of a detailed treatment plan for a custom-made retainer via software support based on patient-specific photos and dental imprints

Brace / Retainer Delivery – A roughly hour-long appointment to place and adjust the finished retainer and, in cases of permanent braces, to carefully attach them to the patient’s teeth 

Check-In Visits – Recommended every 6 to 8 weeks for removable retainers and every 4 to 6 weeks for permanent braces

Retention – To preserve the positive end result of the brace treatment, patients receive so-called “retention splints” for longer-term use 

When do I need braces? / When do I need a retainer?

In general, orthodontic treatments for children happen between the ages of 10 and 13 after either a dentist or the parents notice clear signs of dental misalignment. In very heavy and obvious cases, early treatments may become necessary between the ages of 6 and 7. The exact timing of treatment start depends directly on the level of severity of a patient’s dental misalignment and has to happen sooner in cases where not just a patient’s teeth but also his or her jaws are misaligned. Whether a dentist prescribes a removable retainer or permanent braces to a patient depends entirely on the distance that the patient’s teeth need to move – in general, the longer the distance, the more likely permanent braces will be necessary. Treatment duration also heavily depends on the orthodontic measures taken and can range between a few months for slight dental mis-alignments up to 3 full years for very obvious and visible mis-alignments of the teeth and jaws.

How can you get free retainers?

Dental insurance in Austria covers 100% of the costs of braces and retainers for children. To qualify for those free retainers, children must satisfy the following conditions:

  • Treating dentist has a health insurance contract and is a specialized orthodontist
  • Patient is under 18 years old at the time of treatment start
  • Severe dental misalignments
  • Only basic braces are used (no "white brackets")

Since 2015, insurers also cover 80% of the costs of braces and retainers (and the remaining 20% in cases with successful treatment outcomes) for adolescents up to the age of 18 and with severe dental mis-alignments.

We hope that you found this primer helpful and invite you to take a look at our Blog for more interesting and hopefully helpful information.

All the Best & see you soon, Ace!


Back to top
Any questions?
Send us a message